“Andrà tutto bene” – Everything will be all right
As a company with customers across Southern Africa, we know that many of our business partners have been directly or indirectly affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. We want to take the opportunity to express our fullest sympathy to those struggling during the outbreak. We at RedSun wish you and your families the best in these trying times.
The COVID-19 outbreak is directly impacting the global economy. A pandemic, like this, can affect operations worldwide for many months. During this time, all companies are required to analyse the potential impact of the crisis on their operations. We understand that uncertainty and unease often lead to fear and doubt. We want to reassure you that RedSun is taking all the necessary precautions and proactive measures to prioritise business continuity throughout this time.
- To avoid interruption to essential day-to-day business, we have defined an extended chain of responsibility for all critical processes and tasks. This will address any sudden high rates of employee absence due to illness and forced shutdown periods.
- We have ensured the availability of RedSun staff via phone and email.
- Minimal staffing operations have been implemented. Staff necessary for our operations will be based on-site to maintain all commitments. Our critical production processes and supply chain will work effectively in this way during the national lockdown.
- As a family-owned business, with strong partners, we have a high level of liquidity, which means that we have good financial security during this time.
- According to national political announcements, global supply chains should be maintained. Especially those concerning food and agriculture. As a result, we are able to maintain essential activities to preserve quality and accommodate reasonable changes in planning across our growers.
- We ask for your understanding during this time, with regards to travel. There will be no business travel activities until the end of April. This includes all internal and external personal meetings. However, all employees are available via email, telephone, chat or video call (Teams, Zoom, Skype) from their home offices.
Going forward, we will continue to deliver our trees in excellent health, on time – as far as we are permitted to do so.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Stay Healthy, Stay Strong, Yours sincerely,
Mark Hassenkamp & The RedSun Team